Few issues cause as much embarrassment for a person as tooth loss. Not to mention, missing teeth also lead to a number of complications for a person’s oral health. Fortunately, we have a natural looking and durable solution for our Gary, IN, patients: Dental bridges!
Try Our Quiz on Dental Bridges
- True or False: They address minor tooth loss.
- True or False: Each bridge will be custom-made.
- True or False: They will blend with your smile.
- True or False: Your prosthetic requires routine care.
- True. When we place a dental bridge, we address more minor cases of tooth loss, typically between one and three teeth in a row. The prosthetic consists of the pontics (replacement teeth) with dental crowns attached to each end. The crowns will be placed on the teeth sitting on either side of the gap, allowing them to anchor your new ones firmly in place.
- True. We prepare the teeth on either side of the gap, which will be receiving the crowns. We then take detailed impressions, which ensures the dental lab creates the prosthetic to fit comfortably.
- True. We create the crowns and pontics using ceramic or possibly zirconia, as these materials look natural, contain stain-resistant properties, and have the ability to endure bite forces. When in place, the new teeth will blend with the rest of your smile. We don’t want anyone to be able to tell you have a prosthetic!
- True. In order to keep them bright and stable, we recommend routine care. Along with the rest of your smile, you should brush your new teeth twice a day and floss around them every night before bed. You should also take time to clean the spaces between the top of your gums and the base of the prosthetic, where food particles may accumulate throughout the day.
Do You Have Questions About Dental Bridges?
If you have lost one or more teeth, don’t live with a gap in your smile. Talk to us about our custom-made dental prosthetics. To schedule an appointment with your dentist, contact Healthy Smiles in Gary, IN, by calling 219-938-2637, or by emailing our office at email@example.com. We also proudly serve the residents of Gary, Miller, Miller Beach, and all surrounding communities.