As a parent, keeping your child healthy and happy is paramount. Just like adults, children require regular dental care to ensure overall health. At Healthy Smiles, we offer the latest in quality children’s dentistry. As part of our approach to keeping little smiles healthy and beautiful, we provide innovative dental sealants.
Gary IN Dental Sealants Quiz
1. True or False: Children require checkups just like adults.
2. True or False: Dental sealants safeguard teeth against tooth decay.
3. True or False: Dental sealants don’t need to be removed.
4. True or False: Good dental habits can also help prevent cavities.
1. True. The American Dental Association recommends that children over the age of three undergo a routine checkup once every six months. Regular visits to the dentist can help reduce dental anxiety and allow Dr. Cain to watch for the earliest signs of common dental problems, such as tooth decay.
2. True. Dental sealants are a plastic material added to the molars in the back of the mouth. These teeth are difficult for children to reach when brushing. The dental sealants prevent food from becoming stuck between or adhering to the teeth, decreasing the presence of plaque buildup and reducing the risk of cavities.
3. True. The dental sealants will wear away naturally with time. They don’t require a special appointment for removal. If your Gary IN dentist decides that your child still benefits from sealants, he will reapply them.
4. True. To help your child avoid the onset of cavities, simply practice good oral hygiene, Make sure your little one thoroughly brushes twice a day and help them floss once a day.
ABOUT YOUR GARY IN DENTIST:
Do you have any questions about dental sealants? If you would like to learn more about this or any of other children’s dental care procedures, contact your Gary IN dentist. As a native of northwest Indiana, Nicholas Cain, DDS, is dedicated to providing excellent general, preventive, cosmetic, and family dentistry services to the community that raised him. To schedule your next dental appointment, call Healthy Smiles today at 219-938-2637.