Occasionally, maintaining a healthy smile means removing a tooth. Fortunately, we take steps to ensure our Gary, IN, patients enjoy a safe and comfortable experience. What should you expect from a dental extraction?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Extraction
- True or False: We offer dental sedation.
- True or False: Removing wisdom teeth prevents impaction.
- True or False: We may take out an infected or damaged tooth.
- True or False: Advanced gum disease may cause a tooth to need extraction.
- True. Often, patients feel nervous or anxious about the procedure. In addition to local anesthesia, we may also recommend sedation dentistry. Using either nitrous oxide or oral sedation, we help patients enter a calm and relaxed visit, with little to no memory of the procedure.
- True. As we enter our late teens and early 20s, up to four additional molars may erupt. Often, these lead to impaction, in which the teeth only partially erupt. The impaction leads to pain, damaged teeth, misalignment, and a host of other complications. Fortunately, we can remove the teeth before they erupt.
- True. If a tooth develops an infection, we often treat the issue with a root canal procedure. However, if the infection reaches an advanced stage, the tooth may need to be removed to prevent the infection from reaching surrounding teeth or moving into the jawbone itself.
- True. Advanced gum disease, also known as periodontitis, attacks the connective tissue between the teeth and gums. If the tooth becomes loose, we may need to remove it. We then work with the patients to manage the disease and offer possible replacement options. If you have any questions about removing teeth then contact our team today.
Do You Have Questions About Dental Extractions?
Our team provides safe and comfortable tooth removal, helping patients enjoy healthier smiles. To schedule an appointment with your dentist, contact Healthy Smiles in Gary, IN, by calling 219-938-2637, or by emailing our office at email@example.com. We also proudly serve the residents of Gary, Miller, Miller Beach, and all surrounding communities.