Do you avoid the dentist whenever possible? Do you have a major fear of undergoing even routine treatments? We understand that dental anxiety is very real, just as we understand that avoiding routine care can soon put your smile at risk. To help our anxious patients enjoy their time at the office, we can provide dental sedation.
Try Our Quiz on Sedation Dentistry
- True or False: Nitrous oxide can address anxiety.
- True or False: We have oral sedation for patients with more severe anxiety.
- True or False: We can combine treatments.
- True or False: We take several factors into account before recombing a calming solution.
- True. Also commonly referred to as laughing gas, we administer this through a mask over the patient’s nose and mouth. We can adjust the level of sedation throughout the procedure. The patient enjoys a relaxed state, remaining conscious but with little or no memory of the procedure afterward. The effects subside almost immediately once the procedure ends, you can even drive yourself home.
- True. If you have severe anxiety, then we may prescribe a pill several hours before the procedure and another right before. This helps the patient enter a much deeper state of relaxation. The effects take time to subside, so you may feel a bit groggy and will need a friend or family member to drive you home.
- True. For patients with major fears of the dentist, we can combine nitrous oxide and oral sedation.
- True. We will look at your medical history, your current health, and other factors before recommending either nitrous oxide or oral sedation. If you have any questions about our dental sedatives, then please contact our eta today. We want to help you obtain a healthier smile!
Do You Have Issues with Dental Anxiety?
We can help you conquer your fear of the dentist with sedation dentistry. To schedule an appointment with your dentist, contact Healthy Smiles in Gary, IN, by calling 219-938-2637, or by emailing our office at email@example.com. We also proudly serve the residents of Gary, Miller, Miller Beach, and all surrounding communities.