So, you need to find a dentist? Perhaps you’re new to town, or your dentist of 20 years has just retired? Maybe you have certain ideas for your dental care, and your current dentist isn’t meeting expectations. Whatever the case, finding a dentist from scratch can be daunting enough of a task that you may find yourself putting it off. The next thing you know, a year or more has passed, and you’re way overdue for a checkup and cleaning. This can lead to unnecessary conditions such as gum disease and tooth decay.
Make a List of Your Dental Desires
List making is an age old method for organizing thoughts, weighing pros and cons, and narrowing things down. When it comes to choosing a dentist, consider making a list of all of the things you hope to find. Some examples of important considerations would be:
- How close is the office to your home or work?
- How long has the dentist had his or her practice?
- Does the prospective dentist embrace/employ the latest technology?
- What types of dentistry does the practice encompass? (For example, if you think you may want cosmetic procedures or orthodontic work in the future, will you be able to get that at the same practice?)
- Can they fit you in within a reasonable time frame, or will you have to wait longer than 6 months just to get a cleaning appointment?
- How courteous and helpful is the office staff?
Hit the Internet
The internet brings a lot of convenience to our modern day. Once you’ve narrowed down your priorities, you can start a web search for the specifics in finding a new dentist. Remember the days when you might have to just go through the telephone book and choose a name at random? Well, now you can search the web sites of dentists within the acceptable radius of where you live, and likely come pretty close to meeting all of the needs of your dentistry wish list. Perhaps once you’ve done all of this, you’ll find that Dr. Nicholas Cain might be the right choice to meet your dental needs.
ABOUT NICHOLAS CAIN, DDS.
As a native of northwest Indiana, Nicholas Cain, DDS, is dedicated to providing excellent general, preventive, cosmetic, and family dentistry services to the community that raised him. To schedule your next dental appointment, call Healthy Smiles today at 219-938-2637.