Let’s face it — life does not always go as planned. Accidents happen, and often, they happen when it’s not convenient. When it comes to any dental emergency that you or your family members may encounter, rest assured that help is just a phone call away. Whether you are a long-time patient or a brand-new patient, Healthy Smiles treats all dental emergencies as a top priority. We will get you in to see Gary IN emergency dentist, Dr. Nicholas Cain, just as soon as possible, and provide instructions to minimize further damage until you arrive at our Miller dentist office.
What Constitutes A “Dental Emergency?”
It is always best to err on the side of caution when you are experiencing pain involving your teeth or gums. Never hesitate to contact us if you think you need an emergency appointment. Here are some examples of situations that we consider true dental emergencies that require immediate intervention.
- Your tooth is knocked out, cracked, or broken while playing sports,
- You have a tooth-ache or other pain that is unbearable,
- You are bleeding heavily,
- You believe that your jaw may be broken.
Act Quickly to Save Your Tooth
If your tooth is knocked out, there are steps you can take right away to increase the likelihood that Dr. Cain will be able to save the tooth:
- Find the tooth and pick it up touching the enamel only — don’t try to clean the tooth.
- Gently place the tooth back into the socket from which it came, cover it with a cotton ball, gauze, or wet teabag and apply slight pressure to keep it in place. Be very careful not to swallow the tooth. If you don’t wish to (or are unable to) place the tooth back in your mouth, put it in a cup and cover it with warm milk or warm saline.
Contact Healthy Smiles right away so you can get in to see Dr. Cain as soon as possible. Contact Healthy Smiles in Gary, IN, today by calling 219-938-2637, or by emailing our office at email@example.com. We also proudly serve the residents of Gary, Miller, Miller Beach, and all surrounding communities.