When you experience a dental emergency, you should see your Gary, IN, dentist as soon as possible. Otherwise, serious complications and discomfort could arise. But how do you know if you’re experiencing a dental emergency? When should you contact your dentist?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Emergencies
- True or False: Chipped teeth require treatment.
- True or False: Sudden pain requires a dentist’s attention.
- True or False: Don’t ignore loose or lost restorations.
- True or False: Never use anything but floss to remove something caught between your teeth.
- True. If you damage a tooth, even if said damage appears incredibly minor, we still suggest scheduling a visit right away. Sometimes, even small chips expose the inner layers of dentin to bacteria, leading to decay and a greater risk of infection. If you sustain an injury but no damage is visible, still consider scheduling a visit, as fractures often remain nearly invisible to the naked eye. Using dental bonding or a custom-made restoration, we can repair your tooth and protect your oral health.
- True. A sudden and severe toothache could indicate cavities or damage that exposed inner tooth structure. While minor aches can arise due to sinus issues or changes in air pressure, a sudden and severe toothache may mean you need treatment.
- True. If your filling or dental crown becomes loose or lost, don’t ignore the issue. A compromised restoration increases the likelihood of cavities and infections forming, not to mention serious aches and sensitivity.
- True. If a piece of food becomes stuck between your teeth, causing discomfort, only use floss to remove it. If floss fails to address the issue, let us know. Using anything other than floss could damage your gums and oral tissues.
Do You Have a Broken Tooth?
Our team offers cosmetic and restorative solutions to common dental emergency situations. To schedule an appointment with your dentist, contact Healthy Smiles in Gary, IN, by calling 219-938-2637, or by emailing our office at email@example.com. We also proudly serve the residents of Gary, Miller, Miller Beach, and all surrounding communities.